We are looking for a dynamic professional to assist the sales and charter team in the Newport, RI office. This person will be the first person our clients and prospects encounter in the office and over the phone. Applicant must be highly organized, be able to multi-task, and have the ability to work with high-net-worth individuals. Performs a multitude of administrative tasks as requested by the team and works boat shows and events as requested. Some travel may be required.
Why Work For Worth?
Worth Avenue Yachts is a fun, fast-paced, ever-evolving company. Our small team allows for experience in a variety of areas. The positive workplace culture, creative bonuses and benefits make working for Worth Avenue Yachts an enjoyable experience.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: Include (but not limited to):
- Responsible for the opening and closing of the office (Monday through Friday, 9:00am through 5:00pm EST), overseeing the smooth and efficient day-to-day operations of the office.
- Maintain a professional and welcoming environment for all clients, prospects, team members, and the community
- Provide professional and administrative support to team, including handling incoming phone calls and inquiries, preparing client correspondence, proofreading various communications, and preparing charter and sales presentations and contracts.
- Prioritize broker needs, handling matter expeditiously, proactively, and thoroughly, sometimes with deadline pressures.
- Light accounting duties, including paying office bills and invoices via QuickBooks.
- Resolve issues with phones, computers, copier and other office equipment.
- Inventory management (office and kitchen supplies, boat show materials, and premium gifts)
- Receive and sort incoming mail and deliveries; manage outgoing mail. Handle all shipping needs.
- Schedule appointments and book travel for team as needed.
- Maintain cleanliness of office area, kitchen, and bathroom.
- Coordinate logistics for participation in the Newport Brokerage Boat Show, including pre-show preparation, supporting brokers at the show, and assisting with post-show follow up.
- Assist brokers with their participation in all other major boat shows (Fort Lauderdale, Palm Beach, Miami, Monaco), including pre-show preparation and assisting with post-show follow up.
- Coordinate photo shoots on new listings.
- Assist with office and client events as needed.
- Read local papers and industry publications to keep up-to-date on events and local happenings (specifically stories mentioning Worth Avenue Yachts or our listings / clients)
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in business, communications, or a related field
- 1-3 years of administrative experience (or work equivalent)
- Working knowledge of QuickBooks (required)
- Excellent time management skills, including ability to multi-task and prioritize work
- Strong organizational and problem-planning skills
- Must be a self-starter and driven
- Understanding of contract preparation a plus
JOB TYPE: Full-time, on premise
HOW TO APPLY
Email the following to [email protected]
- First and Last Name
- Phone Number
- Cover Letter with salary expectations
- CV or Résumé
- Two References, including their email and phone number
Candidates with missing information will be disqualified.